Extensions & Alterations to Provide Extra-Care Facilities
Oban Court, Darlington
Initial briefing began in April 2003 for the remodelling of this 30-bedroomed sheltered housing scheme to provide Extra Care accommodation and new communal facilities. Working within Darlington Borough Council's Partnering Framework, Phil Newbold, Senior Associate at Dewjo'c Architects, managed the consultation, design and construction phases of this £2.4m project on a tight programme and with very challenging logistics.
Construction commenced on site in January 2004. The project had to be carried out in two phases, with some of the elderly residents being moved to nearby facilities. The remainder occupied half of the building while the other half was partially demolished, remodelled, extended and fully modernised. The Phase 1 flats and most of the new communal facilities were completed in December 2004. The Phase 2 flats were completed in June 2005 and the external works were completed in December 2005 when the project was fully re-occupied and officially opened
The project has delivered 21 wheelchair-accessible Extra Care flats, 12 standard flats and enhanced communal facilities with 24 hr on-site Social Services support. All the flats have their own living room, bedroom, kitchen and en-suite flat-floor shower & WC. The communal facilities provide a hot meal every day for residents and visitors in a spacious dining room, a hair salon, laundry, assisted bathing facilities, a health & fitness suite, a guest bedroom suite, level access to all areas, an accessible lift to the first floor and new landscaped gardens
- Greendale Cottage, band A passive house / office with a SAP Energy Rating of 97
- Elm Tree House: Special needs housing adaptation for client with severe disabilities and live-in care team requirments
- Bonnygrove Farm Special Needs Home
- Remodelling & refurbishment of multi-storey social housing
- Oban Court, Extra Care Sheltered Housing extensions & remodelling
- Special needs housing adaptations & new build, Earls House Hospital
- New detached house Mountaincastle, County Waterford, Republic of Ireland
- Conversion of Grade 2 Listed former Co-op building 50 luxury apartments
- COMMERCIAL & LEISURE
- More projects...